An activity is a general name for a group of features in a UEWVCLASS course. Usually an activity is something that a student will do that interacts with other students and or the teacher.
In UEWVCLASS terminology, an Activity, such as Forums or Quizzes, properly means something students can contribute to directly, and is often contrasted to a Resource such as a File or Page, which is presented by the teacher to them. However, the term activity is sometimes for convenience also used to refer to both Activities and Resources as a group.
There are 14 different types of activities in the standard UEWVCLASS that can be found when the editing is turned on and the link 'Add an activity or resource' is clicked.
- Enable teachers to grade and give comments on uploaded files and assignments created on and off line
- Allows participants to have a real-time synchronous discussion
- A teacher asks a question and specifies a choice of multiple responses
- Enables participants to create, maintain and search a bank of record entries
- For creating and conducting surveys to collect feedback.
- Allows participants to have asynchronous discussions
- Enables participants to create and maintain a list of definitions, like a dictionary
- For delivering content in flexible ways
- (LTI) External tool
- Allows participants to interact with LTI compliant learning resources and activities on other web sites. (These must first be set up by an administrator on the site before being available in individual courses.)
- Allows the teacher to design and set quiz tests, which may be automatically marked and feedback and/or to correct answers shown
- Enables SCORM packages to be included as course content
- For gathering data from students to help teachers learn about their class and reflect on their own teaching
- A collection of web pages that anyone can add to or edit
- Enables peer assessment